Welcome to An Bhialann your university dining space brought to you by Sodexo your new catering partners at NUI Galway and we have some exciting plans in store for the restaurant area.
The focus of our catering offer at NUI Galway will be around international flavours sourced locally. At Sodexo we have an intrinsic understanding of the needs of our customers and this is particularly true of students and universities. We will have a dedicated Student Experience Manager on site whose responsibility it is to ensure that we are offering the right range of food, products and promotions to meet your needs and we welcome your feedback.
There will be a brand new look to the university restaurant and coffee shop. Based around our belief in sourcing local raw ingredients to deliver fresh, interesting global flavours. We have drawn inspiration from the University, Galway and its surroundings to update and refresh the look of the restaurant, coffee shop and deli. The seating area will include comfortable seating to provide a place to relax and recharge between lectures as well as spaces ideal for group work and collaboration.
Úr is the new umbrella brand for our food service. Meaning fresh in Irish, and an acronym for University Restaurant, Úr will encompass a variety of food concepts that will evolve based on feedback and customer demand.
- Aran: There’s nothing like the smell of freshly baked bread. We’ll be adding a bakery in the heart of campus, producing artisan breads and baked goods by hand and freshly baked every day.
- Originals: Traditional, home cooked Irish food using the best seasonal ingredients for the freshest of flavours. Comfort food just like you would get at home, with traditional breakfasts to slow cooked stews and roasts for lunch.
- Guest: An ever evolving food counter, allowing you to try the latest food trends and innovations from our chefs as well as local street food traders.
- Yardbird: Grilled Irish halal chicken, in a sandwich, salad or on its own with a range of sauces, rubs and seasonings. Customise it to your preferences.
- Pizza: Delicious stonebaked pizzas freshly prepared in front of you and cooked in our traditional pizza oven to eat in or take away.
- Natural: Fresh, healthy and meat free. Natural will feature organic yogurt, dried fruit and seeds as well as warming porridge to start your day. For lunch there will be a range of salad options with flavoured oils and dressings.
INC, an acronym for I Need Coffee, will be your destination for your caffeine needs. An independent coffee outlet with a contemporary deli. INC will offer sustainably-sourced, quality coffee and drinks made by our trained baristas. INC Deli will provide customers with a choice of breads, wraps and rolls filled with tasty, locally sourced ingredients like west coast smoked salmon and Galway ham.
The Café at the Arts Millennium Building will serve our triple certified coffee Aspretto. It is one of the only coffee products in Ireland that is triple certified, being Fairtrade and approved by the Rain Forest Alliance and the Soil Association. As well as our coffee range their will also be a range of gourmet teas, cold drinks, juices and smoothies. To keep you going throughout the day there will be a variety of healthy snacks and foods on offer such as dried fruit, granola bars and protein bars.
Úr and INC will be open six days a week, Monday – Saturday:
|Monday - Thursday||8.00am to 7.00pm|
|Friday||8.00am to 3.00pm|
|Saturday||10.00am to 2.00pm|
INC and Deli:
|Monday - Thursday||7.30am to 6pm|
|Friday||7.30am to 4pm|
|Saturday||10am to 2pm|
The Café at the Arts Millennium Building
|Monday - Thursday||9.30am to 4.30pm|
|Friday||9.30am to 1pm|
We are working on a new world-class hospitality offer, with a fresh new look and a focus on fine dining booking We have a implemented a new booking service for hospitality orders, to view menus and place your request please click here: www.sodexo-ordering.com/NUIGalway
(Click on the map to enlarge)
We will continue to refresh this web page, but if you have any questions, just want to speak to us email Catering.GalwayUniversity.IE@Sodexo.com